Parenting is one of the most challenging tasks and there is no instruction manual available. As a result parenting is a trial and error process but still this does not prevent parents from doing a wonderful job. However there maybe those times when parents may need a bit of extra support and guidance. Parental guidance and supporting becomes your helper in such times. The objective is to assist as well as support a parent(s) with parenting challenges.
The key areas of focus include;
- Helping parents become aware of their strengths and what they are doing right
- Co-parenting and step-parenting guidance and support
- Effective communication
- Understanding your child’s behavior and encouraging good behavior
- Effective discipline methods
- Effective problem solving methods
- Support for parents of children diagnosed with ADHD
We also facilitate parenting support groups of a minimum of 5 to a maximum of 10 members and parents can register to participate.
Did you know?
Parental support services help children live with or maintain positive relationships with their parents, family members, and community supports.